The purpose of this scholarship is to support undergraduate students pursuing value-added study abroad opportunities. The intent is to help students achieve additional credit in foreign languages and also to foster international research and collaboration by students. Assuming avail-ability of funds this award will be given yearly to at most one student.
- Candidates must be full-time Mississippi State undergraduate students majoring in Physics. Double majors are eligible.
- Demonstrated academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale and satisfactory progress in the Physics curriculum. Preference will be given to potential Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) candidates.
- The award, up to $5000, may only be used for study-abroad (outside the United States) expenses. It may be used either during the summer or a regular academic (fall or spring) semester. The monies may also be used for tuition and/or fees for foreign language courses during the study abroad term.
- Application due date: December 13, 2021
- Fill out the form below.
- One letter of recommendation. Please have your letter writer send this directly to Prof. R. Torsten Clay, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The student must send a letter thanking the donor(s) for funding this opportunity.
- Upon return, the student must submit within two weeks a two-page essay describing their experience and how it will enhance their education and career. The essays may be used in future Department of Physics & Astronomy recruiting materials.
- Receipts for large purchases (tuition, airfare, etc) up to the total amount of the award must be turned in to the Physics office. The award will be split into 80% of the total amount awarded before the study abroad, and 20% in the term following the student's return provided all requirements of the award are met.