Welcome to the Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics group in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Mississippi State University. This site provides information about our people and research. Several of the faculty members of this group are associated with MSU's Institute for Clean Energy Technology (ICET).
Research topics of our group include:
- Optical Diagnostics of High Temperature Environments
- Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Multispectral Imaging
- Microwave Spectroscopy
- Multi-wavelength Emission Absorption Spectroscopy
- Low-Temperature Plasma Diagnostics
- Cavity Ringdown Spectroscopy
- Fiber Optic Sensors
- Visualization of Optical Phenomena
- Nanoscale Energy Transport Near Interfaces
Our group offers ample opportunities for research by graduate students, either at the MS or the PhD level. For more information about a specific topic, please click on the name of a faculty member on the left of this page.