Three hours lecture. Statics and dynamics of particles in three dimensional space using vector notation; Lagrange's equations; introduction to the special theory of relativity.
Prerequisites By Topic
The principles and methods discussed include rigid body motion, gravitational field, nonlinear coordinate systems, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian dynamics, and coupled small oscillations. Emphasis will also be placed on the development of abilities of solving problems quantitatively using advanced mathematical tools, such as integration and differentiation, differential equations, series expansion, vector analysis and calculus, and coordinate transformations.
- Rigid Body Motion
- Gravitational Force and Potential
- Noninertial Coordinate Systems
- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics
- Advanced Rigid Body Motion
- Theory of Small Oscillations and Coupled Oscillators