Three hours lecture. Special theory of relativity; nuclear structure; radioactivity; nuclear reactions; nuclear forces; fission; fusion; high energy particle and astrophysics. Experimental apparatuses and techniques.
Prerequisites By Topic
To give students an introduction to nuclear and particle physics. The course will cover the following topics: nuclear properties, radioactive decay, nuclear structure, nuclear forces, nuclear reactions, fission, fusion, particle physics, nuclear astrophysics, experimental apparatuses and techniques.
- Review of Quantum Mechanics
- Nuclear Properties, Forces, and Models
- Radioactive Decay and Radiation Detection
- Alpha, Beta, and Gamma Decay
- Nuclear Reactions and Fission
- Nuclear Astrophysics
- Particle Physics