Three hours lecture. Principles of quantum mechanics, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, angular momentum; the Schrdinger wave equation in one and three dimensions; the one-electron atom.
Prerequisites By Topic
PH 3613 AND MA 3253(Differential Equations)
Investigations into the nature and applications of Quantum mechanics and related topics.
- Limits of Classical Physics
- Wave Packets and the Uncertainty Relations
- The Schrodinger Wave Equation and the Probability Interpretation
- Eigenvalues and Eigenfunctions
- One-Dinemsional Potentials
- The General Structure of Wave Mechanics
- Operator Methods in Quantum Mechanics
- N-Particle Systems
- The Schrodinger Equation in Three Dimensions